Australia movie streaming aspirant Quickflix has launched across the Tasman in New Zealand delivering on demand content to a range of connected devices. In its first international launch, the service has been made available on internet-connected PCs and Apple Mac, Sony Bravia TVs, Blu-ray players and PlayStation 3 game consoles …
I was excited when I read about this the other day, but having just checked out their NZ website, it's a bit of a gnabgib at the moment. The range and number of tv shows particularly is "limited", to be kind. I'll be keeping an eye on it, but for now, it's not worth it.
Never quite what the hype says.
Re: another decapped
I'm with TelstraClear, and I'm hoping that by the time they join in delimiting this new service, there might be enough shows on offer to interest me.
Dear sirs. I have just read your article on Quickflix, Now twice I have tried to register with them and have been declined. The reason being that the registration form that is required to be filled in only relates to Australia. One question asks you to provide a state,but as you well know NZ doesn't have states. Another question asks for your mobile No which I aptly supplied but once again the application was refused saying that it was not a mobile No, So you see how does one get connected to the service if you can't fill the form in???
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great