Viviane Reding's proposed overhaul of Europe's 1995 data protection law needs clarification and improvement, an independent advisory group urged today. The Article 29 Working Party, which is vice-chaired by the UK's Information Commissioner Christopher Graham, said it "regrets the European Commission's level of ambition" on data …
You do remember your recent article...
... where another set of officials said that the Regulation goes too far, right?
It isn't legislation, it's mid-level committee hot air designed to keep their jobs valid. They're organised in such a way that there is always someone crowing about it being too bloated or slim so they can keep it in "discussion" for years without actually doing their worthless job.
Laws and Sausages
As Otto von Bismark *didn't* say: "I've seens laws made and sausages made - neither is pretty."
I think there ought to be a law against making bad laws - ones that have unintended effects.
... no, wait ...
If they're working, why do they need Working in the title?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know