back to article HTC One X priced up for UK punters

HTC's upcoming Tegra 3-based smartphone, the One X, was made available for pre-order this week as networks revealed their tariffs in a bid to pull in the punters. HTC One X The Taiwanese manufacturer's first five-core beast can be ordered from Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U free from £36 a month on two-year contracts. It …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Stop

Battery Life?

Given that my HTC Sensation has the worst battery life of any phone I've ever had (even with everything non-essential switched off), how many minutes of battery life does this beast give you?

Anonymous Coward

Re: Battery Life?

Won't be upgrading my unbranded sensation just yet. Might wait to see if an iPhone 5 arrives this year instead.

Battery life on this handset is not too bad so long as you don't play ad supported games.

Still if I do get the melted ice cream sandwich update why bother changing anyway. For a couple of bells an whistles?

Don't think so.

Anonymous Coward

Perfect for the type of person who buys a phone based on specs i.e. a chump.

Anonymous Coward

yep

Screen resolution is down but with a bigger screen area.

HTC assumes, 'we will build and they will buy' but just maybe they might have to think again.

Re: yep

Resolution is down? I might be wrong on this, but I think this is HTC's first phone with a 720p screen resolution. Also, HTC admitted that their old 'we will build and they will buy' policy wasn't doing them any favours, so they're only releasing 3 phones this year. The X, a similar dual core job, and what looks to be an upgraded HTC legend. Looks like a decent range to me, abliet a little uninspired.

Bronze badge

A polycarbonate unibody

Does unibody mean no user-removable battery? I really dislike that growing trend in smartphones. Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't trust anything without a hard power switch or equivalent (popping out the battery for instance).

confused

why do you call phones "blowers"...?

Can I clean my front yard with them?

Silver badge

Re: confused

It's an informal/slang name derived from the operation of the speaking tube device which preceded it.

FAIL

i might have considered this over the S3 however....

- No removable battery

- No MicroSD card support

Bronze badge

"while Vodafone's and T-Mobile's prices start at £41 per month."

START at £41 a month?! That's likely over 24 months too...... I know the networks have to make money on handsets and that top range models like this don't come cheap but what are they smoking? If it's a 24 month contract that comes in at £984, £738 if it's 18 months.

I'd be curious to see where these prices are from as the T-Mobile website still lists it as "coming soon" with no hint on price plans yet. I've asked a fair few times and the only information given is to check the coming soon section for updates. This would be a smart thing to do but it isn't exactly updated promptly. They had the Xperia S on there for a few weeks after it was available and had phones available in March still listed in the middle of the month long after they'd been released.

£27 a month from Tesco phone shop on O2 with 300mins, 3000txts, 500mb Free phone, £60 Cashback via quidco.

Bronze badge

I'm specifically asking for T-Mobile as I'm currently with them and my contract is up for renewal right now. I can see myself having to leave to get a better deal but until I know their prices I can't haggle or say, "X have it for much cheaper, can you match it?"

£26/Month on T-Mobile/Orange from BuyMobilephones.net.

There are options for calls traded with data.

e.g. 100mins, 1.5gb data or 600mins, 100mb data.

Mushroom

Correction

HTC One X has 32gb of onboard memory, not 16. That's the One S you're thinking of lad.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums