Feeds

back to article No conclusions on EU's Google probe for weeks

The European Commission's antitrust chief has said that the body won't be pressured into an early decision on its investigation into Google over web search dominance. The EC started the probe in November 2010 after other web firms complained that Google was abusing its dominance as a search engine behemoth. Critics accuse the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Right.

"The European Commission's antitrust chief has said that the body won't be pressured into accepting the payoff currently on offer from Google, as they think that they might be able to induce Google to come across with an even richer offer for an outcome that will be acceptable to Google."

I think that my little edit here might be slightly closer to the truth than the rather coy official statement.

Silver badge

Re: Right.

With Microsoft on the other side? Kidding, right?

They've never forgiven the Chocolate Factory for doing what they never could with a mobile platform based on an OS that they are actively failing to destroy.

Re: Right.

It seems to me they are being pressured by both sides to reach the "right" decision. Most of the companies that have complained to the EU are backed, owned by Microsoft.

All sides seems to find fun in writing letters to the EU pressing them to see things there way.

Still no one explained to me why I would want a search engine to direct me to another search engine when I am searching for a Washing Machine.

This topic is closed for new posts.