Reeling Research in Motion has raised another red flag, postponing its annual investors' confab until an unspecified date later in the year. That presentation to investors is normally held at the BlackBerry World get-together, which is scheduled to be held this year from May 1 through 3 in Orlando, Florida. This year, it appears …
In other words, RiM execs need time to gin up a distraction...
But surely they begin to disappear into the fog.........
seen this dance before
RIM doing the Kodak dance of death. Unlike Nokia though they will hardly be missed.
Smart, also smart, not so smart.
Separating client/user/developer event from investor meeting.
Good plan. Any company that has events for any others besides their investors should separate the two.
Having the investor meeting after the PR event.
Good plan. Lead into the investor meeting with new product announcements and whatever else you can come up with to start it on a positive note. Should be done ideally the Tuesday after the weekend PR event, but the following weekend has merit.
Announcing you're making such smart changes but not immediately announcing the date and location of the meeting.
Well, I can only refer to the subject of another recent Reg item:
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst