Telstra International has deployed a 40 Gbps DTN solution for the Reach optical subsea network in Asia, using Infinera gear. The installation spans approximately 9,000 kilometers between Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea. Infinera’s DTN platform allows service providers to upgrade existing submarine cables with coherent …
It's about time too.
It's about time too. Up until now circuits to Taiwan, Japan, South Korea etc. have been terribly slow. For example, South Korea and Taiwan have excellent networks yet viewing their websites here in Australia is painfully slow.
In the past, priority has been given to connecting to US circuits whilst in reality a huge percentage of our trade has been done with these Asian countries. Upgrading these circuits makes sense.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones