Telstra International has deployed a 40 Gbps DTN solution for the Reach optical subsea network in Asia, using Infinera gear. The installation spans approximately 9,000 kilometers between Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea. Infinera’s DTN platform allows service providers to upgrade existing submarine cables with coherent …
It's about time too.
It's about time too. Up until now circuits to Taiwan, Japan, South Korea etc. have been terribly slow. For example, South Korea and Taiwan have excellent networks yet viewing their websites here in Australia is painfully slow.
In the past, priority has been given to connecting to US circuits whilst in reality a huge percentage of our trade has been done with these Asian countries. Upgrading these circuits makes sense.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth