Telstra International has deployed a 40 Gbps DTN solution for the Reach optical subsea network in Asia, using Infinera gear. The installation spans approximately 9,000 kilometers between Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea. Infinera’s DTN platform allows service providers to upgrade existing submarine cables with coherent …
It's about time too.
It's about time too. Up until now circuits to Taiwan, Japan, South Korea etc. have been terribly slow. For example, South Korea and Taiwan have excellent networks yet viewing their websites here in Australia is painfully slow.
In the past, priority has been given to connecting to US circuits whilst in reality a huge percentage of our trade has been done with these Asian countries. Upgrading these circuits makes sense.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads