Feeds

back to article RIM pushes BlackBerry 10 kit out to thousands of devs on 1 May

Attendees travelling to Orlando for BlackBerry World will get their hands on alpha-release hardware as RIM seeks to seed the developer community ahead of a commercial launch. The hardware won't be the finished article, but RIM reckons it's close enough for devs to start making applications. The Canadian firm will be handing out …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

and still

The flock is moving elsewhere.

Incorrect

I'm pretty sure that the new OS10 has a JVM running on it, meaning that you could still develop in Java. From my understanding, there are a few options:

1)Native C++

2) JVM and Android

3) HTML5

4) Adobe Air

HMB
Bronze badge
Flame

Developing for Blackberry

While I'm at it, I was thinking of a neat new app I could write for Windows Mobile 6.5.

Bronze badge
FAIL

Woo, I'll be all over that exciting business opportunity. Just as soon as I finish this version of Pong in 6502 assembler...

Giving away a free Playbook to anyone porting them an app, this is reminding me of the joke about the child with a pork chop round its neck so at least the dog would take an interest.

Right now, RIM get recurring revenue from the BIS/BES service carriers pay for. I've been seeing lots of talk lately of that pricing being squeezed hard (after all, iOS, Android and other platforms don't get monthly kickbacks - iOS did in the very early days with exclusivity deals, but not any more). It seems these days that accounts for a large slice of RIM's income; bite into that and there's a whole new world of pain.

This topic is closed for new posts.