Cybercrooks have latched on the success of social networking site Pinterest by launching a variety of money-making scams. Just like Facebook before it, Pinterest has become a haven for survey scams. Would-be marks are invited to complete surveys under the pretext that they might win an iPad or obtain a discount voucher. In …
People learn that if an offer looks too good to be true it is.
Just like the scratch card, oh look I've won a prize but I have to ring this number to claim it............
Apparently most of these, 'enter the competition or fill in the survey' with the offer that you will be put into a draw and possibly win a prize, never give a prize out.
Using the freedom of information act a survey found that even some of the bigger well known legitimate company are involved in this practice.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad