Cybercrooks have latched on the success of social networking site Pinterest by launching a variety of money-making scams. Just like Facebook before it, Pinterest has become a haven for survey scams. Would-be marks are invited to complete surveys under the pretext that they might win an iPad or obtain a discount voucher. In …
People learn that if an offer looks too good to be true it is.
Just like the scratch card, oh look I've won a prize but I have to ring this number to claim it............
Apparently most of these, 'enter the competition or fill in the survey' with the offer that you will be put into a draw and possibly win a prize, never give a prize out.
Using the freedom of information act a survey found that even some of the bigger well known legitimate company are involved in this practice.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015