Cybercrooks have latched on the success of social networking site Pinterest by launching a variety of money-making scams. Just like Facebook before it, Pinterest has become a haven for survey scams. Would-be marks are invited to complete surveys under the pretext that they might win an iPad or obtain a discount voucher. In …
People learn that if an offer looks too good to be true it is.
Just like the scratch card, oh look I've won a prize but I have to ring this number to claim it............
Apparently most of these, 'enter the competition or fill in the survey' with the offer that you will be put into a draw and possibly win a prize, never give a prize out.
Using the freedom of information act a survey found that even some of the bigger well known legitimate company are involved in this practice.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait