Facebook has reportedly acquired 750 patents from IBM in the run-up to its IPO, presumably to protect itself from future patent-infringment litigation. So says "a person with knowledge of the transaction", speaking with Bloomberg. The acquisition would vastly increase Facebook's patent cache, which currently stands at "at least …
$100,000,000,000 for what exactly?
I just don't see the value to anybody except MZ and friends.
$15 for every person alive on the planet.
Time for the "Special Brew"...
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers