Facebook has reportedly acquired 750 patents from IBM in the run-up to its IPO, presumably to protect itself from future patent-infringment litigation. So says "a person with knowledge of the transaction", speaking with Bloomberg. The acquisition would vastly increase Facebook's patent cache, which currently stands at "at least …
$100,000,000,000 for what exactly?
I just don't see the value to anybody except MZ and friends.
$15 for every person alive on the planet.
Time for the "Special Brew"...
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know