Facebook has reportedly acquired 750 patents from IBM in the run-up to its IPO, presumably to protect itself from future patent-infringment litigation. So says "a person with knowledge of the transaction", speaking with Bloomberg. The acquisition would vastly increase Facebook's patent cache, which currently stands at "at least …
$100,000,000,000 for what exactly?
I just don't see the value to anybody except MZ and friends.
$15 for every person alive on the planet.
Time for the "Special Brew"...
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…