It probably won’t get to a point where we’ll see it with the naked eye, but even amateur astronomers should be able to get set for a fairly unusual treat: an emerging supernova. At the moment, it only rates as a “possible” supernova – although the well-known Bad Astronomy blog says it’s nearly certain – but the possibility of …
....just someone using the new iPad?
Re: Supernova or....
Come on, those pictures are visible spectrum, not IR.
Spotted this on March 19!!
Quite easy through an 8" scope. My fourth supernova to date (seen, not discovered). There is another one in the constellation of Virgo, which I am still hoping to catch.
Pfft, old news.
I'm surprised to see this is classed as 'news' - the event happened ages ago!
Re: Pfft, old news.
I see what you did there...
Damn. I've only got 6.
Wonder if its possible to
Use the Hubble?
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR