It probably won’t get to a point where we’ll see it with the naked eye, but even amateur astronomers should be able to get set for a fairly unusual treat: an emerging supernova. At the moment, it only rates as a “possible” supernova – although the well-known Bad Astronomy blog says it’s nearly certain – but the possibility of …
....just someone using the new iPad?
Re: Supernova or....
Come on, those pictures are visible spectrum, not IR.
Spotted this on March 19!!
Quite easy through an 8" scope. My fourth supernova to date (seen, not discovered). There is another one in the constellation of Virgo, which I am still hoping to catch.
Pfft, old news.
I'm surprised to see this is classed as 'news' - the event happened ages ago!
Re: Pfft, old news.
I see what you did there...
Damn. I've only got 6.
Wonder if its possible to
Use the Hubble?
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats