It probably won’t get to a point where we’ll see it with the naked eye, but even amateur astronomers should be able to get set for a fairly unusual treat: an emerging supernova. At the moment, it only rates as a “possible” supernova – although the well-known Bad Astronomy blog says it’s nearly certain – but the possibility of …
....just someone using the new iPad?
Re: Supernova or....
Come on, those pictures are visible spectrum, not IR.
Spotted this on March 19!!
Quite easy through an 8" scope. My fourth supernova to date (seen, not discovered). There is another one in the constellation of Virgo, which I am still hoping to catch.
Pfft, old news.
I'm surprised to see this is classed as 'news' - the event happened ages ago!
Re: Pfft, old news.
I see what you did there...
Damn. I've only got 6.
Wonder if its possible to
Use the Hubble?
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star