back to article Reading plays host to live ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

Ever wondered what a Walking Dead-style apocalypse would be like? Well, now you have the opportunity through an immersive "zombie experience", which lets the brave take on undead in an abandoned shopping centre. Those of you who failed to get an invite to Capcom's AR hunt this week will be pleased to know there's an even more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TRT Silver badge
    Facepalm

Damn!!!

16+ only!

I know someone who would DIE for this.

1. Jedit Silver badge
      Thumb Up

"I know someone who would DIE for this."

Literally.

2. Jedibeeftrix

just done Zombie Bootcamp near droitwich

and if this is anywhere near as fun as that was then it comes highly recommended!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sounds like

Runcorn shopping city on dole day....

4. s. pam Silver badge
    Terminator

Reading is Zombie H.Q. all the time, everyday

Reading Centre is a non-stop Zombie occupation zone. Full of fly catching, mouth breathing mutants who drag their knuckles and spit on the floor. On a suckage scale of 0-100, Reading is a 125.

Oh shit, that reminds me, I have to go to Reading to pickup a suit. Better take adequate weaponry @ lunch time!

1. Martin Lyne

Re: Reading is Zombie H.Q. all the time, everyday

I hail from this locale.

I can confirm the reports.

2. Pete the not so great
      Thumb Up

I was gonna say: could anyone tell the difference, but your is much better.

1. TRT Silver badge

Surely zombies would only gather where there is a food source. And food for zombies is BRAAAIIIIINZZZZZZ!

3. BrownishMonstr

Let's all talk about our experience with Chavs. I'll start.

During lunch this year , at Coventry University, my course-mate and I were in the city centre and a chav came up asking " 'Ave you got a pound ma-a-ate? I'm starvin' ". We said no then looked at each other thinking did that really just happen. I didn't think Coventry was going to be this chavvy.

Can we not just deport 'em? I mean, I'm sure it's cheaper than fixin' everything they break and touch, and paying for their benefits. It's not like anyone's going to really miss them.

1. Martin
        FAIL

So you've turned down a beggar, who might possibly have been hungry. And you'd like to "deport chavs".

Presumably you went back to reading the Daily Mail when you finished your lunch.

5. frank ly
    Happy

If you fancy getting involved - and you're over 16 years of age...

.. and a recent medical check and cardiogram shows that you have a healthy heart.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Err?

I live in Reading and I can't think of a disused shopping centre, does anyone know where it is?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Err?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=RG1+1NR

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Err?

Excellent, thanks... I forgotten about that monstrosity, it should be pretty good, big tower block, disused bus station, horrid, horrid shops. The bad kind of brutalist. I hope they're knocking it all down, because the tower block above it is one of the two or three stand-out most ugly buildings in Reading.

7. boombelly
    Mushroom

Reading demolition

Why not let the zombies out onto the streets? Then maybe they will knock down the whole of Reading, too. Come to think of it, Slough is only just down the road, why stop there?!

8. The Original Cactus
    Boffin

I was mildly disappointed to find that the article wasn't about zombielarp.co.uk. Zombies seem to be a growth industry.

Boffin icon for all the guys at Bioflex.

9. ukbabz
    Thumb Up

Rather tempted by this one.. Should be a good laugh with a group of folk to run around shooting zombies all day..

Although their knowledge of Zombies does worry me a little, don't shoot them in the head?!

(taken from the Q+A)

Q: Will the zombies be given eye protection? Is it safe to shoot them in the head?

A: Hi Ben,

Thanks for your question! The zombies have eye protection but shooting them in the head is not encouraged. Good torso shots are the most effective way to take down the zombies, we've heard :)

Many thanks,

Laura

10. Reue

Outdated

This has been going on for years at that old mall. And its not just zombie style role playing games they run there.

I remember last year the fire brigade being called becase all the smoke grenades they were using inside had started to seep out through the boarded up windows and passers-by thought the whole place was ablaze.

11. Richard 116
    Thumb Down

More from the website Q&A

Q: Can you bring your own weapons?

A: Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, you can't. All airsoft weapons will be provided on the day.

Many thanks,

Laura

Boo!

1. Keep Refrigerated

Re: More from the website Q&A

So no sniper headshots from the 3rd floor food court then...? Oh what's the point!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DWP Work Experience for Dole'ies

If the DWP were to use this as a Manditory Work Program.

im pretty sure all them scoungers on the dole would jump, gouge kick and moan at the chance to add this to their cv.

and everyone else would likewise jump on the chance to give something (at high velocity) back to the wretched society that deserve it.

then it could be fun and games 24/7 till the roof caves in.

maybe on weekends they could get politicians and DWP staff to be the Zombies...

1. dogged
      FAIL

Re: DWP Work Experience for Dole'ies

I had no idea that David Cameron posted here.

13. sisk

Cool

Too bad I'm in America. I wonder if there's anything like this in my neck of the woods.

14. cs94njw
    Unhappy

Damn! I was hoping they were going to tear down Broadstreet Mall :(

This topic is closed for new posts.