TPG, fast becoming the standard-bearer of Australia’s “tier two” ISPs, has announced a 17 percent lift in EBITDA to $AU131.9 million and is preparing to follow iiNet into the IPTV set-top-box market. The company also announced a reorganization under which the TPG brand will focus on consumer and SME products, while the PIPE …
This isn't TPG's first foray into TV. Once upon a time TPG launched Boomerang TV ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TPG_Telecom#TPG_Boomerang_TV ) which was spectacular mess.
Boomerang TV ended with (as one insider put it) "a death of a thousand cuts", as a vicious circle of insufficient bandwidth, poor quality content, and low take-up contrived to push TPG to pull the plug on the venture.
Whirlpool forums ( http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/619086 ) refer to another TPG IPTV push in 2006.
This is another attempt, in a long line of attempts, to get a viable TV service on TPG. Apparently David Teoh is a frustrated Rupert Murdoch ;-)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.