back to article Twisted Metal

David Jaffe's vision for car-based deathmatching has always split gamers down the middle. Its love-it-or-hate-it mix of crass humour, barely there vehicle handling and everything but the kitchen sink approach to weaponry won't appeal to everyone. Nevertheless, Twisted Metal still garnered a sizeable following in its heyday. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

this type of game

Is for those days when you just don't want to use your brain or think.

I feel like that a lot.

jai
Silver badge

always been a big fan

there's something about the genre of cars-with-guns that i really enjoy, and Twisted Metal's always been the most enjoyable of them. can't wait to play this!!

i agree with the review though - seems a shame they switched it to being a full blown game, i guess they wanted the money, but the game is perfect as a PSN download.

nevermine, Wrecked: Revenge Revisited is rumoured to be (finally!!) getting released on the 28th, and that's going to be more fun than anything, ever!

Re: always been a big fan

looks a bit 'meh' to me. looks like ps2 gfx too.

i still think sonic racing is the most fun racing game ive played in years.

FAIL

Meh

Anything with clowns in... meh. Don't look scary, don't look evil, just look fookin' stupid.

Bronze badge
WTF?

Why is this in "Hardware" and not in a "Gaming" category?

Bugger

Totally loved the original - especially playing it co-op many, many years ago...

Kind of disappointed to see that it's been kludged somewhat in this new version. Still, I may wait until it comes down to "platinum" (budget) type release and then buy it for shits and giggles - except that if it lacks variety the odds are that by the time I get it there'll be nobody left playing it online making it a wasted purchase :\

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums