Japan's Nikkei paper is reporting (paywall) that Japan's sole and now bankrupt DRAM manufacturer, Elpida, is soliciting bids to rescue it from bankruptcy, with Micron and Intel identified as potential white knights for the stricken DRAMurai chip-maker. There will be a 2-stage bidding process, with round one this month followed …
Would make a nice match with their existing output.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...