Good news, frequent flyers: the US Federal Aviation Administration is to once again assess whether gadget owners should be allowed to use their tech toys throughout flights, not just when their aircraft is up in the Big Blue. “The FAA is taking a fresh look at the use of personal electronic devices on aircraft,” the agency told …
Provided you turn any WiFi/Bluetooth/Transmitters etc., surely the area of influence of most devices is absolutely tiny? Admittedly I'm a lowly chemist, so if there some engineering/physics-y types out there who'd care to throw some light on the subject, this would be most appreciated :)
I think you will find that, like airport security, it is politics not science that drives this sort of thing.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests