The One Laptop Per Child organisation’s latest creation, the XO 1.75, has touched down in Uruguay. The South American nation has ordered 60,000 of the new models, to join 570,000 earlier editions of the XO already in the hands of the country’s primary school children. The new model is the first XO to use Marvell’s Armada ARM …
be done and it has been done, but only where there is a will to do it.... Mr Cameron.
2 paragraphs and no details on something actually interesting, but pages and pages and pages of useless regurgitation, fawning at any hint of appleness...
Please, it would be good to have some more details.
Re: more please...
Corporations have dedicated PR and marketing teams. They put out press releases every day that sites like The Register then regurgitate. (To be fair to El Reg, most of their rivals don't even bother to scratch off the serial numbers first; they just copy and paste the press release onto their site / newspaper unchanged, and often with no editorialising either. This isn't "news", it's "advertising".)
A charity like OLPC should most emphatically not have large PR and Marketing teams dedicated to this process. Therefore, I suspect this was all the information The Register has. I'm certainly finding it hard to locate the same story on the OLPC website.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update