BBC director-general Mark Thompson has handed in his resignation and will serve out his notice at the public service broadcaster until autumn this year. He told staff this morning that he had quit the top job after eight years of running the Beeb. Thompson said: This morning I told Lord Patten that I believe that an …
wouldn't want to loose any track-side tickets.
He won't be missed!
As someone who had the pleasure of Mr Thompson during his brief tenure at Channel4 I can tell you he won't be missed!
Move everyone to a facility 'oop north' where no-one wants to work and nothing works then bugger-off to leave the whole mess to someone else.
Re: He won't be missed!
You had the pleasure of him?
I might be mistaken, but doesn't this chap have the biggest public sector pension in the UK ? Aren't we paying 163k annually into his pension, quite apart from his 600000+ salary ? Why doesn't the state pay into my pension ?
"Why doesn't the state pay into my pension ?"
It does, it's called tax relief.
Oh yes I nearly forgot, like all citizens Thompson is also eligable for Tax relief on any personal contribution he chooses to make to his pension. Unlike most of us he can claim up to 50%.
his work here is done
BBC f1 fans sold down the river. give it a few years and he will take up a new job with sly.con
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots