HM Revenue and Customs will save more than £200m by 2017 after renegotiating its Aspire outsourcing contract with Capgemini, according to Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude. The Aspire deal covers IT services including desktops, laptops and a number of tax and credit systems such as online VAT filing. The contract, which is …
What fraction is that of the amount of tax they've so far been unable to collect on account of handing their IT contracts to these incompetent idiots to start with?
Incompetent idiots? They're still being paid a huge amount of money for their inefficient delivery so who's the idiot - the one being paid or the one paying?
I predict chaos
"The contract, which is led by Capgemini and includes some 360 other suppliers.....
..... The department will also be able to control the Aspire subcontractors directly – previously the responsibility of Capgemini."
Even if they only try to control a small proportion of the 360, it'll all end in tears in a couple of years' time.
this "saving" has alreay been dismembered
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it