My article comparing supercomputer performance and price/performance to common computers generated quite a few comments. For those who didn’t see the initial story, the Fujitsu K computer is a 10 petaflop monster that’s currently the fastest computer in the world. It’s roughly 4x faster than the second place Tianhe-1A Chinese …
Thanks for this fascinating tour of what's (likely) to come
in the HPC branch of human endeavour, Dan - it's almost worth hanging around a few more years just to follow developments ! An exaflop cruncher would really be something - hope the first one will be used for other purposes than figuring out ever more sophisticated ways of killing people !...
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout