My article comparing supercomputer performance and price/performance to common computers generated quite a few comments. For those who didn’t see the initial story, the Fujitsu K computer is a 10 petaflop monster that’s currently the fastest computer in the world. It’s roughly 4x faster than the second place Tianhe-1A Chinese …
Thanks for this fascinating tour of what's (likely) to come
in the HPC branch of human endeavour, Dan - it's almost worth hanging around a few more years just to follow developments ! An exaflop cruncher would really be something - hope the first one will be used for other purposes than figuring out ever more sophisticated ways of killing people !...
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked