If cloud computing and SaaS applications were supposed to be so much easier than managing on-premise applications, how come we need a cloud consultancy like Appirio? The answer is simple: Integration, or the lack thereof. And that is why Appirio has been able to score $60m in its fourth round of venture capital funding. Appirio …
Half the battle with cloud systems integration is access control, which is why I think we'll be seeing a rash of products built around OpenID and OpenAuth over the coming months and years. Google have cleverly required products sold in their marketplace to use this technology which is a good start and I see MS now supporting OAuth on developer platforms too.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...