If cloud computing and SaaS applications were supposed to be so much easier than managing on-premise applications, how come we need a cloud consultancy like Appirio? The answer is simple: Integration, or the lack thereof. And that is why Appirio has been able to score $60m in its fourth round of venture capital funding. Appirio …
Half the battle with cloud systems integration is access control, which is why I think we'll be seeing a rash of products built around OpenID and OpenAuth over the coming months and years. Google have cleverly required products sold in their marketplace to use this technology which is a good start and I see MS now supporting OAuth on developer platforms too.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook