Twenty-first century cloudy infrastructure doesn't require the traditional break-fix maintenance of 20th century server and storage infrastructure. And so Hewlett-Packard's Technology Services division is rejigging its support services to reflect what customers actually need – and will pay for. HP has equipped its ProLiant Gen8 …
Am I reading this right? HP will also support the software you install on their hardware. And at various levels even do proactive maintenance?
That sounds like another nail in the coffin for the local sysadmin role...
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS