DAPIX is the Working Party on Information Exchange and Data Protection, where delegations of civil servants from the European Union's member states discuss the Commission’s Data Protection Regulation. But the minutes of the meeting held on 23 and 24 February reveal that there are deep divisions as to the content of the …
The clue is in the title of the working group
Working group on*information exchange* and data protection. Coming from the policing side of the Council, these guys are traditionally... unfriendly to privacy concerns - information exchange and data protection are not easy bedfellows.. Their reaction is therefore not altogether surprising.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat