Chinese online video giants Youku and Tudou have announced they are to merge in a billion dollar deal which should see the two finally put their well publicised courtroom battles behind them. The all-stock deal, expected to close in the third quarter, will give birth to Youku Tudou Inc, reportedly to be headed up by Youku …
Bigger = better ?
Let's hope that the merger releases some cash for investment in another 16MB of RAM, or (oh! heaven) a dual core processor, for their (apparently solo) server - watching so-called streaming-videos on their site at what is effectively 1 second per minute is not a great user experience. You tend to lose the thread of the story after a while.....
Sounds like pig latin for "YouTube".
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire