Chinese online video giants Youku and Tudou have announced they are to merge in a billion dollar deal which should see the two finally put their well publicised courtroom battles behind them. The all-stock deal, expected to close in the third quarter, will give birth to Youku Tudou Inc, reportedly to be headed up by Youku …
Bigger = better ?
Let's hope that the merger releases some cash for investment in another 16MB of RAM, or (oh! heaven) a dual core processor, for their (apparently solo) server - watching so-called streaming-videos on their site at what is effectively 1 second per minute is not a great user experience. You tend to lose the thread of the story after a while.....
Sounds like pig latin for "YouTube".
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook