Highlands and Islands fire and rescue service's ICT infrastructure is inadequate and requires significant investment to be effective, says an Audit Scotland report on behalf of the Accounts Commission. The fire service covers a predominantly rural area with many islands, rugged coastline and mountainous terrain. According to the …
I thought it had been agreed in the Forums of El Reg that ICT was a term only used in Educational Establishments and by people outside the IT industry.
Re: What's ICT?
Inverness Caledonian Thistle. The side that gave us the wonderful headline "Super Caley went ballistic, Celtic were atrocious" when they beat Celtic in a cup game some years back.
Re: Re: What's ICT?
Indeed - we live for moments to write headlines like these: http://bit.ly/YXRU
ICT? Isn't that another name for data processing?
Oh, and good luck getting all that council tax payers' money back from the Icelandic banks by the way.
Give 'em a break
I mean, you try keeping the string taut between two baked-bean tins when one end is in the dispatch office in Stornoway and the other is barrelling across the Minch in a force eight gale...
For gawds sake
Dont use either PA consulting (who managed much of firecontrol) or CLG to do any of the analysis, planning or implementation
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK