Weeks after using free beer and food to promote its Kaching wireless payments app, the Commonwealth Bank has baked it into its iOS banking app. Kaching allows peer-to-peer payments between users, in some cases mediated by Facebook. The Commonwealth Bank says it has been downloaded 110,00 times, but is cagey about how many of …
I like how every bank and teleco monopoly has to have a separate incompatible wireless payments system. That way I'll continue using cash and never have my spending tracked.
Its app has been downloaded 110,000 times because you get a notification in the App Store saying their Netbank app needs updating. Normally you keep up-to-date with apps and hence it's downloaded. I doubt many people have rushed out to get it - I certainly didn't - and reckon they're touting the downloads of the combined app rather than the original separate one.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...