Weeks after using free beer and food to promote its Kaching wireless payments app, the Commonwealth Bank has baked it into its iOS banking app. Kaching allows peer-to-peer payments between users, in some cases mediated by Facebook. The Commonwealth Bank says it has been downloaded 110,00 times, but is cagey about how many of …
I like how every bank and teleco monopoly has to have a separate incompatible wireless payments system. That way I'll continue using cash and never have my spending tracked.
Its app has been downloaded 110,000 times because you get a notification in the App Store saying their Netbank app needs updating. Normally you keep up-to-date with apps and hence it's downloaded. I doubt many people have rushed out to get it - I certainly didn't - and reckon they're touting the downloads of the combined app rather than the original separate one.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth