Weeks after using free beer and food to promote its Kaching wireless payments app, the Commonwealth Bank has baked it into its iOS banking app. Kaching allows peer-to-peer payments between users, in some cases mediated by Facebook. The Commonwealth Bank says it has been downloaded 110,00 times, but is cagey about how many of …
I like how every bank and teleco monopoly has to have a separate incompatible wireless payments system. That way I'll continue using cash and never have my spending tracked.
Its app has been downloaded 110,000 times because you get a notification in the App Store saying their Netbank app needs updating. Normally you keep up-to-date with apps and hence it's downloaded. I doubt many people have rushed out to get it - I certainly didn't - and reckon they're touting the downloads of the combined app rather than the original separate one.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle