How big is the big data business? That depends on how you dice and slice it. The box-counters at IDC have cooked up a very precise and formal definition of big data that will keep everything from being thrown into the big data pot. To some ways of thinking, big data is just the new ERP for a webby world, and to others it is just …
As long as there is no definition...
you can make up any market number you want. "Cloud" is a $46 trillion market, because they have redefined "cloud" to include virtualization and everything people were already doing. Now they will wrap OLAP and BI into "Big Data" and say... see, told you.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops