ISP iiNet is pursuing the costly application process for a coveted new generic top-level domain (gTLD), for the .iiNet moniker. Under the procedure applicants invest an initial fee of around $US200,000 for the pleasure, which includes a non-refundable evaluation fee of $US185,000 and $US5,000 deposit fee per requested …
So is my domain name going to be iinet.net.iinet?
Mind you, however much they are paying, it's probably cheaper than .au! The Australian domain registry is a tad expensive; probably because Australia is so far away from the rest of the world, and they have to ship the letters in - tech imports are very expensive with our tax rates - can't get the wood these days - they provide employment for tens of Australians - all the usual excuses...
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip