ISP iiNet is pursuing the costly application process for a coveted new generic top-level domain (gTLD), for the .iiNet moniker. Under the procedure applicants invest an initial fee of around $US200,000 for the pleasure, which includes a non-refundable evaluation fee of $US185,000 and $US5,000 deposit fee per requested …
So is my domain name going to be iinet.net.iinet?
Mind you, however much they are paying, it's probably cheaper than .au! The Australian domain registry is a tad expensive; probably because Australia is so far away from the rest of the world, and they have to ship the letters in - tech imports are very expensive with our tax rates - can't get the wood these days - they provide employment for tens of Australians - all the usual excuses...
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad