ISP iiNet is pursuing the costly application process for a coveted new generic top-level domain (gTLD), for the .iiNet moniker. Under the procedure applicants invest an initial fee of around $US200,000 for the pleasure, which includes a non-refundable evaluation fee of $US185,000 and $US5,000 deposit fee per requested …
So is my domain name going to be iinet.net.iinet?
Mind you, however much they are paying, it's probably cheaper than .au! The Australian domain registry is a tad expensive; probably because Australia is so far away from the rest of the world, and they have to ship the letters in - tech imports are very expensive with our tax rates - can't get the wood these days - they provide employment for tens of Australians - all the usual excuses...
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize