ISP iiNet is pursuing the costly application process for a coveted new generic top-level domain (gTLD), for the .iiNet moniker. Under the procedure applicants invest an initial fee of around $US200,000 for the pleasure, which includes a non-refundable evaluation fee of $US185,000 and $US5,000 deposit fee per requested …
So is my domain name going to be iinet.net.iinet?
Mind you, however much they are paying, it's probably cheaper than .au! The Australian domain registry is a tad expensive; probably because Australia is so far away from the rest of the world, and they have to ship the letters in - tech imports are very expensive with our tax rates - can't get the wood these days - they provide employment for tens of Australians - all the usual excuses...
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed