Of all the alternative energy proposals suggested for Australia, geothermal is probably the least-understood in the public mind. Australia’s problem is this: most places that adopt geothermal power do so because the heat is right there at the surface. Australia’s “hot rocks”, on the other hand, are a long way underground. To …
4Km is *deep;*
A lot of this sort of stuff has been done around the 3000 ft mark in Texas for tapping heat from played out oil wells.
It's strange that they are not initially focusing on the areas around the big cities.
does the extraction efficiency vary *so* much that the transport losses from 2000 km are outweighed by the increased energy recovery?
Possible I suppose but hard to believe.
A very impressive feat of both IT and engineering if they pull it off.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS