Feeds

back to article Ofcom probes deeper, wider in BSkyB 'fit and proper' test

Ofcom has widened a regulatory investigation scrutinising whether BSkyB - under the chairmanship of James Murdoch - passes the so-called "fit and proper" test (PDF) to hold a British broadcasting licence. A Freedom of Information request sought by the Financial Times revealed that the communications watchdog had begun a deeper …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

.horse the before cart the Putting

Before Ofcom can decide whether a given individual is "fit and proper" to own and control a large chunk of british television, don't we need to have had some sort of public debate about what sort of television we want in this country?

(Preferably NOT a debate that is instigated, lead, defined and controlled by the same guy's newspaper empire)

Thumb Up

Reserve the right

That's all you have to say to not obey rules? Excellent. I therefore reserve the right to loot my local Comet in actions which would otherwise be restricted by penal code 113 section 9. Touch me now you filthy pigs! *legs it*

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Probe and probe hard!

Any whilst their eyes are still watering, get someone to hack their phones.

Silver badge
Trollface

"Project Apple"

Danger, incoming lawsuit!!

Silver badge
Trollface

Project Apple

investigating dodgy dealings of a multinational using it's market standing to corrupt the very fabric of society....

methinks someone at ofcom has a sense of humour

Silver badge

And the bureaucrats say

"Jolly good - we'll look into this."

Kicking BSkyB out of the UK would be momentous. But as Ofcom are well known for being *diplomatic* with larger corporates, Darth Murdoch needn't lose any sleep just yet.

At least not without a nod from higher up. (And how likely is that, given that Cameron employed Coulson to do PR for No 10 and went riding with Brooksy on a police horse?)

This topic is closed for new posts.