OCZ doesn't just give us teasing hints about future flash products, it tells us about them at trade shows. CeBIT was no exception, with OCZ unveiling its Kilimanjaro controller; SSD Lightfoot with its Thunderbolt interface; and Vertex 4 SSD with its Everest controller. Vertex 4 is a coming 2.5-inch SSD with a 6Gbit/s SATA …
By Haswell, it will happen
I can see within 18 months laptops that have 2 internal PCI-E 3.0 4x connections with 2 SSDs connected to them and thunderbolt for external SSD drives.
I've just dumped a Vertex 2 that died on me after 4 months, and from looking around I can tell I'm far from alone. Performance is nice, but OCZ should pay more attention to quality control. After all, the IOPS of a broken drive is zero.
sustained iops after 6-9 months
what do they sustain after they have been around the block a few times... consumer grade flash devices will fail and will degrade... there is a reason enterprise "class" ssd cost so much
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars