Need to get a lot of data - and I mean a lot of data - around your system? Look no further than this new chip from IBM: a part capable of shifting one trillion bits every second. It's only a prototype, of course, but the part Big Blue marketing bods are calling the Holey Optochip can, claim the companies' spin merchants, …
"transfer 30,000 HD movies a minute "
And then have the movie industry demand that you personally check each one to make certain it's not violating their copyright.
Holey Optochip Batman
90nm, what is this 2004? Yes I know this is a specialty chip. Guess it still beats the days when circuit size was measured in microns.
I always thought it was a little odd that IBM abandoned its 8 parallel copper data channels (the Bus and Tag cables, each 2+ cm in diameter) for a single fiber channel even though the fiber was superior in every way. So they are finally coming back to parallel throughput at fiber speeds. I wonder if slew varience is still a problem.
Will it fit in my iPad !3
so I can spellcheck the hell out of some Word documents through OnLive's Windows Dig Dug technology.
"transfer 30,000 HD movies a minute"
Right, time to seriously upgrade my storage solution then....... anyone got a couple of million they can lend me?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars