Need to get a lot of data - and I mean a lot of data - around your system? Look no further than this new chip from IBM: a part capable of shifting one trillion bits every second. It's only a prototype, of course, but the part Big Blue marketing bods are calling the Holey Optochip can, claim the companies' spin merchants, …
"transfer 30,000 HD movies a minute "
And then have the movie industry demand that you personally check each one to make certain it's not violating their copyright.
Holey Optochip Batman
90nm, what is this 2004? Yes I know this is a specialty chip. Guess it still beats the days when circuit size was measured in microns.
I always thought it was a little odd that IBM abandoned its 8 parallel copper data channels (the Bus and Tag cables, each 2+ cm in diameter) for a single fiber channel even though the fiber was superior in every way. So they are finally coming back to parallel throughput at fiber speeds. I wonder if slew varience is still a problem.
Will it fit in my iPad !3
so I can spellcheck the hell out of some Word documents through OnLive's Windows Dig Dug technology.
"transfer 30,000 HD movies a minute"
Right, time to seriously upgrade my storage solution then....... anyone got a couple of million they can lend me?
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it