Feeds

back to article Katie Price's teasing 'strapline reveal' avoids bust

It's official: Katie Price, AKA once-upon-a-time-glamour-model Jordan, is clueless about the European debt crisis unless an ad campaign takes over her Twitter account and waxes lyrical about economics for the sake of punting a chocolate bar. Advertising watchdog the ASA batted aside two complaints this morning that challenged …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Mars Bars

Product Placement has been done before.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Mars Bars

> Product Placement has been done before.

She always claimed that was an urban myth....

Silver badge

If people are upset by having products marketed to them

Why are they following the repulsive Jordan on Twitter in the first place? I don't think there is anything left of her that ISN'T a 'product' any more.

Anonymous Coward

Er............... What's the significance of something being punted on Twitter

just what is the worth of the opinion of either a B-list celeb or a bloke from the pub? - that's about all you'd get from twitter.

Apart from a chance to take the piss.

g e
Silver badge
Pint

Snickers is completely pointless

Jordan doubly so

(Props to Douglas Adams, posthumous pint)

Anonymous Coward

Re: Snickers is completely pointless

Twitter triply so.

Is it just me

That finds: 'You’re not you when you’re hungry @snickersUk #hungry #spon ...' utterly unintelligible? It's not exactly Don Draper stuff is it?

Facepalm

Re: Is it just me

Sounds like classic advertising to me. Take away your self esteem, then sell it back to you for the price of the product. In this case they take away your faith that you can be you without their product. People who fall for this deserve to be on Katie Price's list of followers.

Meh

A story about (a) twitter, (b) Katie Jordan. My Give-A-Monkeys-o-meter remains fixed at zero.

Silver badge
Joke

Not quite

Your Give-A-Monkeys-o-meter obviously deflected enough to make you want to post a comment about it!

Bronze badge
Angel

Irony alert

You ARE you when you're hungry. Hunger (or anything else) doesn't change you, it reveals you.

Introspection five?

Silver badge

Re: Irony alert .... AI Tempered Reply

Insatiable would be a particular and peculiar burden to unload and satisy, Robert Grant. ?! :-)

What whenever Virtual Machines assume Human Phorm and Myriad Perfect IDEntities? How will you recognise them in Person in Populations?

Do humans make themselves known to virtual machines or do virtual machines pretext humans the news?

Anonymous Coward

Re: Introspection five?

Wrong forum mate.

Facepalm

Dear god...

Katie Price. A chocolate bar. Twitter. Advertising and a ruling by the ASA.

Does ANYONE care about any of these things?

Silver badge

Dear Global Operating Devices ... are Free IntelAIgent Space Services

MetaDataMiners and Analytical Program Thinkers Love IT, Bernard M. Orwell.

And thanks for the priceless Katie info. It is most welcome.

Re: Dear god...

I like chocolate ...

Thumb Down

Any twit with a wallet can do that.

http://sponsoredtweets.com/

Why is this news? Sponsored Tweets have been around a while.

Interesting thought

...Wouldn't this fall foul of the US's (proposed?) law requiring all paid-for endorsements to make clear that it's paid for? At best it might be a bit shaky...

Silver badge

I snickers every time

I see a post about the ASA. I think they have a lot in common with Adams' telephone handset sanitizers.

Flame

listen bitch....

It's a God. Damn. MARATHON!!!!

OK??

Silver badge
Thumb Down

Personally,

i find the use of the words "Jordan" and "Celebrity" at best an oxy-moron (which would be great if the dumb bitch was advertising spot remover) and at worst a huge insult to people with intelligence above the level of "can of pop".

I'll wager her head whistles in a cross wind....

Silver badge

Dur, Katie Price likes this chocolate bar so I must eat this chocolate bar.

I KNEW there was a reason I've avoided Twitter. I don't want to be brainwashed into changing chocolate bar preferences

Coat

Full Credit is due

To the author of the heading

"KATIE PRICE'S TEASING 'STRAPLINE REVEAL' AVOIDS BUST"

Truly worthy of El Reg.

Otherwise I couldn't give a toss... but that's just a personal problem I'm trying to come to terms with.

Thumb Up

I always liked that snickers ad of Vinnie Jones grabbing Paul Gascoigne's balls with the slogan "Got nuts yet?"

This topic is closed for new posts.