It all came together at CeBIT for Adaptec with a searingly fast 6.6GB/sec supply of data across a PCIe gen 3 bus to a Xeon E5-2600 server – twice as fast as gen 2 PCIe servers. The configuration for the demo used a prototype SRVc RAID-on-Chip (RoC) card from Adaptec, now owned by PMC-Sierra, hooked up to a server using Intel's …
All hail E5
The io is going to be the star of this show. I like it, but we need more cores still.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015