Feeds

back to article Toshiba outs monster tablet 'concept'

Toshiba is tempting tablet fans with a couple of new concept models: a 7.7in design and a rather more outré 13.3in version. The former has an OLED panel and runs Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Ports include Micro SD and micro USB. There are front and back webcams. Toshiba 7.7in Android tablet concept Toshiba wouldn't talk …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This looks

like an IPad3 copy.

Anonymous Coward

Re: This looks

It has rounded corners

It has a screen

It has a battery

PATENT WARS 2....

BRING IT ON!

Silver badge
Mushroom

ODFO, there's a good chap.

GJC

Bronze badge
Thumb Down

And you've seen iPad 3, I take it...?

You didn't get it, did you? Don't worry, a few others didn't either; but thanks for the contribution!

Silver badge

Fine, as long as you can make it hover in mid-air so I can use both hands on it.

"And with a 13.3in screen, you're looking at a resolution of at least 1366 x 768, possibly even higher."

That's a so-last-year statement.

Nice fingerprinty surface there.

Joke

Wow...

Never mind Ice Cream Sandwich, that thing runs Corned Beef sandwich, cos that's pretty much how thick it is.

Bronze badge

Could be a feint, a move to frustrate competitors,

To make competitors waste time and resources, to buy Toshiba some valuable market data?

Comes with wall mount brackets

and a remote, which is also a tablet.

I'm holding out for a 19 inch Desktop Tablet.

whatshiba?

another one'll bite the dust

Silver badge
Trollface

Where is....?

the slimline DVD player? I know there's enough room for it!

Maybe they could re-attach the keyboard too.

Not sure

Toshiba's first foray into the tablet market was such a highly publicised disaster that I'm hesitant to even consider them

For business purposes this is simply not necessary. If several people need to see the same thing, a projector can be used. If a few people need to see the same screen, sitting around a laptop with a 15" screen is perfectly fine.

If they really feel the need to force tablets into the workplace with windows8, why not just equip them with an ability to share their screen content with nearby equipment, so other tablet and laptop users around the table can see the same thing on their device.

The idea that anyone wants to lug around an office carrying a tablet as big as a laptop is just ridiculous.

Thumb Up

I'm ready for one this size

to read PDFs of technical documents with drawings close to paper size. Sign me up.

Pint

I will buy this tablet for my kid if it can run Rosetta Stone

meaning the windows version I already own, not some new app crap I have to pay for a second time... so it would need to be equipped with an intel chip - for windows application compatibility.

Small children are the perfect candidates for fondle slab use, as they aren't ready to use a mouse or keyboard yet, but perfectly able to point directly at things, they can use slabs 100% better than other devices.

My 1 and a half year old uses her mom's android phone to scroll through the lists of music and videos and play back what she likes. Sometimes she drops it, but its a Motorola Defy, which has survived her so far...

Hence I would buy this Toshiba tablet as long as it is backwards compatible, which apparently MS only guarantees on Intel CPU's

This topic is closed for new posts.