Feeds

back to article Chinese Facebook clone bags Windows 8 social app first

Facebook copycat Renren has announced it will make the first social networking app for Microsoft's Windows 8 app store. The Chinese site said that high-def app Renren HD will feature full integration with the new tablet-friendly platform, allowing citizens to share web pages, pictures, videos and other stuff via the social …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

It was originally called

Len Len...

Anonymous Coward

or..

StimpyStimpy

JDX
Gold badge

If I were MS

I'd offer $1000 for the first 1000 non-crap apps or something... for developers in Eastern Europe this would be a sizable incentive, at virtually no cost to MS.

Thumb Down

It is illogical.

Windows users never said they 'quite liked their old-fashioned desktop experience'. They said Windows 8 stank.

(Just because Death is considered less unpleasant than Death by Bunda does not mean that Death is a desirable thing in itself.)

Silver badge

Chinese software development?

They wont mind if we just copy the entire thing then and re-sell it ourselves, will they? I understand that's okay in China.

Pint

Early reviews suggest that MS make Metro optional, not default. I'll be waiting for quite a while to upgrade to Win 8, assuming the hardware and my apps will work on it. Not upgrading to it if they don't. Would rather have it on a tablet anyway, since that's what Metro is designed for.

Pint

So Microsoft's big plan is to go "app store" on us and have people writing and selling Metro Apps for Windows 8? I hope they aren't planning for Windows 8 apps to be exclusively Metro, because some of want to actually get some work done and I don't see a bunch of work related companies offering business apps for Metro. I could be wrong about that. We shall see.

Of course, by then Mountain Lion, the iPad 3, and the next iPhone will be out. How rellavent will MS be then if their tablets aren't selling?

This topic is closed for new posts.