back to article Dev spits out new spin of 'Protesters' Twitter'

The new owner of the anonymous, proximity-based messaging app used by punters at the Occupy protest last summer has dropped an updated version of the iOS app. BetaWorks, which picked up the social media app in December last year, is planning an unveil next week at hipster tech carnival SXSW. The Twitter-like app – currently …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

A private application on the top of a mobile platform that slups absolutely everything. The only difference between Apple and Google in this respect is Google are more experienced in reselling all your protest adspace.

Well done Sayed!

I'm sure he's sold it for a sizable stack of money, and no doubt it'll do wonderful things for his progressive CV as well.

WTF?

Just in time...

Seems Twitter have indeed started a neat form of censorship, namely ignoring trends related to political activity.... There's been a campaign to oust Irish Labour TD Sean Sherlock for signing the EUCRRR2012 in without public consultation, which is being roundly ignored by Twitter and the media for the last two days. The hashtag was #resignseansherlock, since updated to #wesaidnosherlock, and his parties page, Labour.ie, has been taken offline by Anonymous.

Anonymous Coward

The confused protester

Go to an anti-capitalist protest, organised with iPhone apps, then blog about it on your £1500 mac book when you get home.

Anonymous Coward

Re: The confused protester

My thought too ... "app used by Occupy protesters" ... "available only on iPhone" - sort of says all you need to know about Occupy.

To me that suggests that it's not just your traditional protesters (to stereotype: your dog-on-a-ropers) that think that what big business and this goverment are up to is vile.

Anonymous Coward

You know what? And I'm speaking about the Occupy St Paul's lot here: I wouldn't actually care what computers they used or phones they used, if they offered solutions and/or had a coherent grievance. I've been down there and everyone has a different version of "down with this sort of thing", but no-one had a coherent suggestion of what would be better than capitalism or really how capitalism could be modified, short of easy soundbytes.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums