Seeking to reassure voters in Russia’s presidential elections that the poll would be fraud-free, Vladimir Putin ordered that Webcams be set up, complete with live streams, in 95,000 polling stations. However, while the cameras have failed to stem complaints about the electoral process that’s almost certain to deliver the …
"...has claimed victory in the election."
It just would have been nice if he'd not done so *before* voting started...
Ra Ra Vlad-Putin
Lover of the Russian Queen...
Wouldn't a reliance on universal surveillance of voters with CCTV give Mr Putin the smear of association with Britain?
Surely not something a young democracy seeking to legitimise itself would want to risk.
Re: PR disaster
If he really wanted the smear of association with Britain, he would give out free condoms to 16 and 17 year olds so that they could swap them with 18 year olds for a trip to the off-license.
Meanwhile in the Soviet US
Bender gets elected.
All they hackers needed to know was the public key (yes - the public key!) used to encrypt the ballots.
I'll have you know that that was a perfectly legitimate election. I for one, salute our new overlord, Bender -- with beer and cigars.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system