Orange has convinced half a million people in France to buy NFC handsets, and Visa has been busy showing off Olympic payments, but O2 Money isn't going to wait that long. Orange is committed to a national rollout of NFC payments in France, and had been busy issuing NFC-capable SIMs to customers – even if they don't have an NFC …
So here in france where the cheque is king, and debit cards have monthly payment limits, they plan NFC payments.
I'm really really not the sporty type?
If I actually managed to make an effort and qualified to enter an Olympic event the last thing I'd need is a stupid new mobile phone to fiddle with! To pay for stuff! A Samsung as well! Is this a joke? Or maybe the phone is just given to a friend for free and that's good advertising? My head is beginning to hurt more even more than usual
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln