Durham University leaked the personal details of 177 staff and students in a training manual that turned out to reveal more than how to take out a library book. The university has just been given a slap on the wrist by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and has promised to reform its data protection policies. In …
an episode of the Pink Panther!
To be fair to them
They turned themselves in.
Which is a lot more than can be said for certain councils.
How the hell...
did they not notice it for FIVE MONTHS? Don't they check their web sites?
Creating training docs, no clue of implications, blah blah blah...
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan