Durham University leaked the personal details of 177 staff and students in a training manual that turned out to reveal more than how to take out a library book. The university has just been given a slap on the wrist by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and has promised to reform its data protection policies. In …
an episode of the Pink Panther!
To be fair to them
They turned themselves in.
Which is a lot more than can be said for certain councils.
How the hell...
did they not notice it for FIVE MONTHS? Don't they check their web sites?
Creating training docs, no clue of implications, blah blah blah...
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean