Supercomputer maker Cray has released an exotic appliance to help deep-pockets organizations find the relationships hidden in the torrent of information now being collected about, well, everything and everyone. Sometimes you want to Map and Reduce that big data to sift it for some golden nuggets of information, and sometimes you …
Urika-ka-ka-kaaaa. That is all.
.. all the results said 42.
Start at several hundred thousand dollars...
including the software stack!!
That'll be the open-source software stack then!! Glad they decided to throw that in for free!!
It really is nice to see the MTA going somewhere. I saw Burton Smith talking up MTA nearly 20 years ago, and even then everyone considered it to be about the only new idea in computer architecture. In that time not much new has arisen, and for a long time MTA looked pretty moribund with little more than some neat parallel sort results. So this really is rather heartening.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs