The universe’s very first galaxies may feel a little closer by the weekend, thanks to a planned March 2nd (US time) launch of a sub-orbital Black Brant IX rocket bearing the Cosmic Infrared Background ExpeRiment (CIBER)that hopes to figure out which light comes from the earliest stars. CIBER bears three instruments, one of which …
"The universe’s very first galaxies may be a little closer by the weekend"
... they're going to reverse the big bang! RUN!
Big Bang or Large Bang?
I am wondering if we will need to downgrade the Big Bang (created universe and all matter we can detect) to a Large Bang (an explosion within an existing universe and additional matter outisde the range we can detect at this point.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court