Atlassian, Australia's current darling-of-the-VCs, has orchestrated a European recruitment drive it says is designed to snare fifteen developers in fifteen days. The company says it will be investing “millions” in creating new engineering positions in the year ahead and is looking offshore to fulfil the Australian tech brain …
Makes me wish
I were senior software developer enough to have time to actually go to a pub...
Atlassian. Aaargh. It makes my eyes hurt. Would someone tell them that that the nominalized adjective of Atlas is 'Atlantic'.
Methinks this name may already be taken though.
Gotta love em
I've seen these guys buy a beer for an entire java conference before ... they really are great blokes.
High Oz cost of living
If I were a developer in Europe I'd think long and hard before relocating to Sydney given the absurd cost of living. When the Australian property bubble implodes, the fallout will be ugly. We have friends who are renting an old 3-bedroom house an hour south of central Sydney by train for A$500/week (i.e., $26,000/year). It would cost at least double that to buy an equivalent house.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16