Atlassian, Australia's current darling-of-the-VCs, has orchestrated a European recruitment drive it says is designed to snare fifteen developers in fifteen days. The company says it will be investing “millions” in creating new engineering positions in the year ahead and is looking offshore to fulfil the Australian tech brain …
Makes me wish
I were senior software developer enough to have time to actually go to a pub...
Atlassian. Aaargh. It makes my eyes hurt. Would someone tell them that that the nominalized adjective of Atlas is 'Atlantic'.
Methinks this name may already be taken though.
Gotta love em
I've seen these guys buy a beer for an entire java conference before ... they really are great blokes.
High Oz cost of living
If I were a developer in Europe I'd think long and hard before relocating to Sydney given the absurd cost of living. When the Australian property bubble implodes, the fallout will be ugly. We have friends who are renting an old 3-bedroom house an hour south of central Sydney by train for A$500/week (i.e., $26,000/year). It would cost at least double that to buy an equivalent house.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft declares WINDOWS 10: Seven, ate, Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9