Object storage startup Amplidata has grabbed $8m of funding to help stack up the products that it claims virtually eliminate data loss. Competitor Caringo, meanwhile, agrees that you don't need tape for archive storage, having integrated its CAStor product as back-end storage for Symantec's Enterprise Vault. Amplidata will use …
Sheer marketing rubbish - turned on its head that means a given object will be unavailable for a third of a second in every hundred years? Simply impossible to prove, and 99.99999999% unlikely to happen. I don't expect el Reg to be repeating this guff without at least poking fun...
Re: 10 nines?
Yeah, it works out something like 0.3 seconds in a year. Sometimes we just hand over to the comments section for, er, analysis of this sort of claim.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO