It's as if we were tipped off: Toshiba is buying the 3.5-inch disk drive operations that WD has to sell to gain EU approval for its Hitachi GST acquisition. At the same time, Toshiba is transferring to WD its flood-ravaged HDD manufacturing subsidiary in Thailand, Toshiba Storage Device (Thailand). Western Digital said: "TSDT …
It has to sell a disk plant to get the go ahead, so it sells one, but buys another in the same deal that is not active (yet).
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK