AMD's new CEO Rory Read was fired up about executing better in the server racket at the company's analyst day earlier this month and has wasted little time in stirring things up with the acquisition of low-power server start-up SeaMicro for $334m. SeaMicro is the server upstart founded four and a half years ago that came out of …
I totally did NOT see that one coming. In hindsight though, I am surprised no one had snapped up SeaMicro earlier, the "Freedom" interconnect is a awesome piece of gear. I would have figured Intel of all people would have been the one to buy them, but AMD! crazy times!
More good news for AMD
It's all good news for AMD and consumers from what I see. This is another acquisition that will pay significant dividends as the ATI acquisition has.
It will look very pretty with AMD Fusion APUs
I have to admit, from the very beginning of SeaMicro I would have loved to see that gear with an AMD Fusion APU. That will give most HPC and hyperscale rigs out there their run for the money.
I would like to see gear up AMD. Its superb on the basis of technology.
Torus in processor
Is it possible for AMD to put the 3D torus interconnect on-chip?
Not intended for silicon implementation
- +Comment 'Anti-Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed