Nine operators have implemented an in-application API for the Wholesale Applications Community, so AJAX apps will soon be able to empty your pockets just like the competition can. The new API – supported by AT&T, Deutsche Telecom and Telefonica among others – permits a WAC application to bill the user for in-application events …
Convincing people to give money to telcos rather than Google and Apple? Good luck.
They'll need it. I for one will take some convincing.
Re: Good luck
Indeed. Those telco muppets even want control of the apps available on their networks, which means that operator x will have app y, but no one else. And app updates will not exist or, if you're lucky, you'll get one every 2 years.
God, the only other vertical this stupid (that comes to mind offhand) is Hollywood.
I think the telcos are a bit late to this (monetising) party. Shame.
super, another way of being fleeced over the internet.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs