Nine operators have implemented an in-application API for the Wholesale Applications Community, so AJAX apps will soon be able to empty your pockets just like the competition can. The new API – supported by AT&T, Deutsche Telecom and Telefonica among others – permits a WAC application to bill the user for in-application events …
Convincing people to give money to telcos rather than Google and Apple? Good luck.
They'll need it. I for one will take some convincing.
Re: Good luck
Indeed. Those telco muppets even want control of the apps available on their networks, which means that operator x will have app y, but no one else. And app updates will not exist or, if you're lucky, you'll get one every 2 years.
God, the only other vertical this stupid (that comes to mind offhand) is Hollywood.
I think the telcos are a bit late to this (monetising) party. Shame.
super, another way of being fleeced over the internet.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market