Nine operators have implemented an in-application API for the Wholesale Applications Community, so AJAX apps will soon be able to empty your pockets just like the competition can. The new API – supported by AT&T, Deutsche Telecom and Telefonica among others – permits a WAC application to bill the user for in-application events …
Convincing people to give money to telcos rather than Google and Apple? Good luck.
They'll need it. I for one will take some convincing.
Re: Good luck
Indeed. Those telco muppets even want control of the apps available on their networks, which means that operator x will have app y, but no one else. And app updates will not exist or, if you're lucky, you'll get one every 2 years.
God, the only other vertical this stupid (that comes to mind offhand) is Hollywood.
I think the telcos are a bit late to this (monetising) party. Shame.
super, another way of being fleeced over the internet.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS