TMS latest RamSan-820 is a high-availability box that the Texans say packs more terabytes into its 1U rack case than that of any other vendor. The 820 is an eMLC version of the SLC RamSan-720 and an update on the still available RamSan-810 with its 10TB of eMLC in 1U. The 820 offers up to 24TB of flash with the same 2D Flash …
I know the old saying... if you have to ask, you can't afford it. But that puts me in to a catch-22 when I need to put forth my budget proposal to get the CapEx...
Disclaimer: I work for TMS.
You may know TMS as the "premium price" option, and that was true to some degree a few years back, but it is no longer the case.
The list price for the 820 (and 810) is $12.50/GB of capacity, which is similar to the cost of storage capacity in other enterprise rackmount (and PCIe) MLC/eMLC storage products on the market today. If you'd like to see for yourself, request a free quote at the TMS web site.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen