TMS latest RamSan-820 is a high-availability box that the Texans say packs more terabytes into its 1U rack case than that of any other vendor. The 820 is an eMLC version of the SLC RamSan-720 and an update on the still available RamSan-810 with its 10TB of eMLC in 1U. The 820 offers up to 24TB of flash with the same 2D Flash …
I know the old saying... if you have to ask, you can't afford it. But that puts me in to a catch-22 when I need to put forth my budget proposal to get the CapEx...
Disclaimer: I work for TMS.
You may know TMS as the "premium price" option, and that was true to some degree a few years back, but it is no longer the case.
The list price for the 820 (and 810) is $12.50/GB of capacity, which is similar to the cost of storage capacity in other enterprise rackmount (and PCIe) MLC/eMLC storage products on the market today. If you'd like to see for yourself, request a free quote at the TMS web site.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball