French police have arrested two men over an Android malware scam that netted an estimated €100,000, according to L'Informaticien. The unnamed duo are suspected of infecting more than 2,000 Android smartphones with the Foncy Trojan, a strain of malware that sent text messages to premium-rate numbers at a cost of €4.5 a pop. The …
Did it root *any* Android phone?
Wow! It's better than z4root, I would love to see that part of it on the market as an isolated app.
Re: Did it root *any* Android phone?
It just used the Honeybomb exploit, so no. It does show that Android malware is getting more sophisticated though.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs