French police have arrested two men over an Android malware scam that netted an estimated €100,000, according to L'Informaticien. The unnamed duo are suspected of infecting more than 2,000 Android smartphones with the Foncy Trojan, a strain of malware that sent text messages to premium-rate numbers at a cost of €4.5 a pop. The …
Did it root *any* Android phone?
Wow! It's better than z4root, I would love to see that part of it on the market as an isolated app.
Re: Did it root *any* Android phone?
It just used the Honeybomb exploit, so no. It does show that Android malware is getting more sophisticated though.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor