French police have arrested two men over an Android malware scam that netted an estimated €100,000, according to L'Informaticien. The unnamed duo are suspected of infecting more than 2,000 Android smartphones with the Foncy Trojan, a strain of malware that sent text messages to premium-rate numbers at a cost of €4.5 a pop. The …
Did it root *any* Android phone?
Wow! It's better than z4root, I would love to see that part of it on the market as an isolated app.
Re: Did it root *any* Android phone?
It just used the Honeybomb exploit, so no. It does show that Android malware is getting more sophisticated though.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9