French police have arrested two men over an Android malware scam that netted an estimated €100,000, according to L'Informaticien. The unnamed duo are suspected of infecting more than 2,000 Android smartphones with the Foncy Trojan, a strain of malware that sent text messages to premium-rate numbers at a cost of €4.5 a pop. The …
Did it root *any* Android phone?
Wow! It's better than z4root, I would love to see that part of it on the market as an isolated app.
Re: Did it root *any* Android phone?
It just used the Honeybomb exploit, so no. It does show that Android malware is getting more sophisticated though.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops