Dell is adding Micron-based Express Flash to its servers and will feed the server flash beast from Compellent arrays. Brian Payne, executive director of PowerEdge marketing at Dell, showed us the 2.5-inch SSD slot at the front of one of Dell's twelfth generation servers at a launch event at the temple of UK rugby, Twickenham …
El Reg and Dell... a love story
What is with the half dozen rosy, laudatory articles on Dell?
Automated data tiering with flash has been around foreeever. IBM has Easy Tier, EMC has FAST, HDS probably has something too. Dell's fluid data isn't new at all. They bought it second hand from Compellent as a second option after they were outbid for the storage company they really wanted, 3PAR.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan