Our very own Tim Phillips is dragging some clever sorts from the industry and beyond into a studio to talk about building private clouds. They’re remit is ‘be helpful’ and to give us a, ‘check list for building a private cloud.’ We’re hoping by the time they're finished you'll have something of a weighty steer on what it takes …
Where's the checklist?
private cloud as a notion is just bollocks. it's just a normal customer solution.
MS, US gov, Nortel, Canadian gov, etc, etc, etc. hacked.
Anonomous, Lolzsec, Eastern Europe, China, etc, etc, etc. hacking.
The Internet right now is a whitewash!
The words private and cloud should not be put together.
So #1 on the checklist should be, do you care if other people get your info/data, and if the answer is yes then skip the cloud.
Private Cloud checklist
1. Investigate cost of public cloud
2. Panic, as you see your job disappearing
3. Invite HP in
4. Buy HP tin
5. Build private cloud (or regular IIT infra)
6. Stick it behind your under-funded security stack
7. Don't patch
8. Don't pen-test
9. Get coat
Customers who want private cloud are my favourite.
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE